The Polo Grounds was the name of four different stadiums in upper Manhattan in New York City, the first of which opened in 1880. The most famous incarnation opened in 1909 and was completely rebuilt in 1911 after a catastrophic fire. That Polo Grounds remained open until 1963 and was the home of the New York Giants baseball team. The Yankees played there from 1913 to 1922, after which they moved to their own park in the Bronx. The Mets played there while Shea Stadium was being built, 1962 and 1963, and the New York Football Giants played there from 1925 to 1957.