Comiskey Park

Opened in 1910 to replace South Side Park, Comiskey Park was the home of the Chicago's junior circuit team for 80 years and was also the home field of the Chicago American Giants of the Negro American League from 1941 t 1952. It was also used by one of the city's football teams before it moved to St. Louis in 1959 and the Bulls of the first American Football League. The Chicago Mustangs and Chicago Sting of the North American Soccer League also played games there. It was named for baseball owner Charles Comiskey and was the site of the first All-Star game as well as the ill-fated Disco Demolition of 1979.